We are not currently recruiting for PhD study. Applications to start in October 2016 will be welcome from February 2016.
PhD opportunities in the Department cover a wide range of Mathematics and Statistics research including Analysis and Geometry, Combinatorics, History of Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Medical Statistics, Multivariate Statistics and Bayesian Statistics.
PhD students benefit from a lively research environment with a full programme of seminars; extensive university training and career development opportunities and support to join an appropriate learned society.
To ensure we have appropriate supervisory expertise, when we are actively recruiting (during February-April each year) applicants are strongly encouraged to apply for one of several named projects rather than specify their own project.
Full time study
- Studentships cover fees for 3 years
- 3-year stipend (currently £13,863 pa)
- £1250 annual travel allocation
- Dedicated work-space and computer
Part time study
- Flexible working arrangements
- Institutional email address
- Induction and training at Walton Hall
- Support for conference travel